Things husbands just don't understand

There are a number of things in my life that my husband will never understand. I am bored out of my mind, so let's make a list:

1. Toddlers can not live on apple juice, cheerios and chicken nuggets alone.
2. Just because he cooks dinner does not mean someone else should have to do the dishes.
3. I am not telepathic, if he is out of boxers, or needs a specific uniform, he should probably tell me before 5am the day he intends to wear them.
4. On a house cleaning day, vacuuming the couch for an hour does not constitute as cleaning the entire living room, nor does three hours of cleaning, vacuuming, armor all-ing, and rain x-ing his car excuse him from cleaning anything else (including my car).

That's all I've got for now. What do you have to add?

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 4:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• One thing my dh used to do (thankfully, he stopped doing this really early in our marriage) -

It is NOT redundant to sweep the floor before you mop it - NO, it won't "all just come up with the mop anyway"...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• When he gets up with the kids in the morining, on those rare occasions to let me sleep in, it does not mean leave the 1yr old in his pee filled diaper and not give both children breakfast because mommy will do it when she gets up.
    Or
    Letting me sleep in in the morning does not count if I can hear the tv downstairs going just as loud as it would be to hear it if the one in my room was on.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 5:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lol - this wasn't my dh, it was my bil (who is single and childless, btw...) - but this happened a few yrs ago and I think you might want to consider it for your list -

when flying cross country with a 10 yr old (my ds), it is a very good idea to pack food / snacks for the trip in case you don't have enough of a layover to buy food. It is NOT a good idea to make ALL of those snacks be king size packs of Sweet Tarts!

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My husband considers the house as the "woman" domain and the garage as his domain.
    Problem is, he lives in the house, makes a mess, does what he wants, etc. while we aren't even allowed to put anything into storage out in the garage because we'll clutter his precious space that he can't even use in the winter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• This wasn't my dh, it was a friend of ours, but I'm sure his wife (another friend of ours) would add it to your list -

Complaining about the whole "turn your head and cough" medical exam is NOT a good idea when talking to a woman who just had a Pap...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ha! I like the sweeping one, sounds like my hubby. And he also doesn't change my daughter's diaper in the morning when he gets up with her. By the way, if you have a bucket, WHY would you mop out of the sink? Also, after pooper scooping the yard, cleaning your poop covered shoe off in the kitchen sink is NOT ok. It's in fact disgusting. lol I don't have any girl friends out here yet (we just PCSed last month) so I have all this pent up whining.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you can't make the bed while you're lying in it. And you can't clean dishes with cold water!

duh

lol thankfully he's better about it now, but we used to fight about it when I was pregnant. Took him a while, but he finally understands now lol
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• All those things are the mothers/wifes job he does not need to understand and if he is running out of underclothes maybe you should get him some more or do the laundry when there is enough for a load.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lol - actually, at the time we had the mopping discussion, it was, in fact, HIS job - as well as my own. We were both Jr Enlisted in the Navy. Among many other jobs we had that were "mission specific", we also had "Military type" jobs that we had to do - and that included mopping :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Mind you, I do 99% of the housework now, I'm a SAHM with older kids. But when we were married, no kids, and both Active Duty military (and then, when I was pg and still Active Duty military), you can be certain that they weren't all my - the wife's - job - and he did need to understand.

Thankfully though, other than the mopping thing, my dh is quite capable of doing things around the house, just like I'm quite capable of changing the oil, mowing the grass, etc.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009