Divorce!!!! Help

I am seeking some help for divorcing my husband, hes and alcholic and mentaly abusive, i am no longer living with him and right now i can't find work any help will be appriciated. I want to end this marriage. Also found out that he wasn't the father of my child by a paturnity test that he did. My mother currently has the results. I don't want nothing to do with him and i don't want anything with him dealing my daughter. He said he wouldn't sign the papers unless he had visitation rights, can someone help me PLEASE!

jgelinas23

Asked by jgelinas23 at 4:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• sorry for answering your question with a question,but,do you know who your childs father is?did you cheat on your husband?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He has no rights. He is not the father and if he tries to take you to court the judge will laugh at him. He is only trying to manipulate you. You only have to give him notice. Talk to an attorney. DONT GIVE HIM RIGHTS. Noone has the right to do that to you especially if he is abusive.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 5:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• good luckdont worry he isnt the father he cant have visitation!!! regardless if you cheated on him you deserve better hun. just take it slow and things will fall into place for you and your baby.

shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If he's listed on the birth cert, he may have rights, even though he is not actually her father. It sucks, I know. The best thing I could tell you is to talk to a lawyer. A lawyer would best be able to help you sort the situation out and put you in a position of power. I wish you the best of luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• He is not the father so nothing to worry about. Keep looking for a job trust me something will come up. Continue on with the divorce because there is nothing he can do about visitation because HE IS NOT THE FATHER.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• In certain states ANYONE who has developed a relationship with a child can go to court and get visitation. Your best bet is to document EVERYTHING and seek a lawyer. I hope it goes well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you are going to have to take him to court. Tell them about the abuse, make a journal of each event, and get a good lawyer.. it's going to take longer,but it will get done.. also petition to have all rights dissolved for your daughter if she is biologically not his.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009