When do you change from a crib to a bed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We did it at 15 months. The older two were close to the height limit for the crib, and the younger one we switched because it worked for the older two. lol
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm in the process of switching to a daybed for my DD this weekend. She's just about 18 mo and I'm choosing to do it now because she seems to have somewhat mastered climbing in and out of chairs and the sofa. I taught her how to safely get down and I hope she remembers that in the middle of the night. The other reason I'm doing it is because the instructions said that your child should be at least 15 mo old and no more than 50lbs. Not sure why but now would be the time according to that info.
    VirgoMom807

Answer by VirgoMom807 at 7:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My daughter is 21 months old and she is on the lowest level to her crib, and shes climbed out of it a couple times now. so it will be soon.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 7:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think it depends on the kid. My oldest had just turned 2. My son was 20 months and started climbing out of his crib. My middle daughter used it until she was 2 1/2. We tried at 2 to take the side off and turn it into a toddler bed but she freaked out. She refused to sleep in it and would climb out and sleep on the floor or just not go to sleep and just cry. We put the side back on and tried a few months later and she did fine.
    Our youngest never had a crib (the other kids destroyed it) so she slept in the pack-n-play. At 23 months she had more then outgrown it so she got a big girl bed. It took a couple weeks to get her used to it but she has been in it ever since and loves her bed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I changed my son's bed at age 2. We caught him climbing out of it & just deceded that it was to dangerous for him to be doing it. I don't believe that there's a time limit on when you should take your child(ren) out of the crib, I think it's up the partent(s) & child(ren) when it's time to switch =o)

~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 9:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• 11 months...she climbed out and was pretty much walking at that point. She fell out of bed twice and never got out at night. Now at 2 she's in her own room in a regular twin bed. She ocasionally gets up for a midnight snack lol why'd she have to learn to open the fridge!?!
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2009