i'm so sick of!

I am an attractive woman, but i am getting sick of getting dumped for beautiful women. In college it happened, now in my marriage. I didn't let myself go, but something better looking comes along and there i go, getting tossed into the trash.Maybe i should become the neighborhood trash collector. LoL. Gotta find some humor in all this. Anyways, do beautiful woman ever get dumped or get dumped for a less attractive woman?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• im not sure if they do or not but its happened 2 me 2 it sucks............... they dont know what they loose until they do, i do know that
    shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 6:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• yes.pretty women do get dumped for less atractive women.my brother has done it,why?the other woman was more intresting,she knew what she wanted in life,more independent and he was just tired of always having to rescure his wife,who for all her beauty was pretty boring[no pun intended].my stunning bestfriend lost a man of 7 years to a plain jane because of her clingyness.and maybe the sex is better?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• when my dh and i separated a few years ago, he started dating a stripper. I look like anything but a dancer (i look like a 37 YO mom of 3 kids with an office job and a penchant for baking). I moved back to Ohio and he dumped her in like 9 seconds. so yea, even the beautiful ones get tossed occassionally for the normal folks.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• yup. My first husband went onto a woman a couple years younger than I who was much larger than I, she was about 30lbs heavier than I and shorter... go figure...He used to complain if I put on 5 lbs!
    Maybe it was because she had bigger breasts? LOL! Whatever!
    It happens though! Men have strange tastes!
    two_girls

Answer by two_girls at 7:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Look what happened to Halle Berry! She got cheated on and it was the best thing that ever happened to her. She's happy now with another man and has a beautiful little girl. Just goes to show that you can be the most beautiful woman in the world and some loser man will always find some reason to cheat or dump you.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They say that statistics actually show that when a guy cheats... 9 times out of 10 he does not feel that the "other woman" is more attractive than his partner. It's usually that they show them attention, listen, make them feel wanted and good about themselves, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree with a previous poster...beauty only takes you so far in life and love. You have to bring something else to the table.

Why do people cheat and break up with people in the first place? The person they are cheating with or now dating offers them whatever it was that their previous partner didn't. Whether it is common interests, likes/dislikes, dreams/goals, or something completely superficial, etc.,

Granted you can't be all things to everyone, but in an equal and true partnership the MOST IMPORTANT things should be compatible, and what works for BOTH people--which, of course, varies depending on the couple.

What you SHOULD do is make yourself your very best self, do whatever makes you happy or feel fulfilled--THEN if you keep yourself open to finding Mr. Right--he'll come along!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I once saw a man leave his wife, who was beyond beautiful and such a sweet person, for a woman who didn't take care of herself, wasn't that attractive, and was honestly the rudest woman I'd ever met. Of course after about a month of that he wanted the wife back, but she figured she could do better, so she did.
    You can do better too, don't go after a shallow guy, they aren't worth anything in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• it's if they leave you for some one that looks worse that you have to worry about, because then its more than sex for the guy... a beautiful face though is just that most of the time.. sex... try to show a guy how self confident you are.. that is far more sex and real to a guy than a pretty face. There are some real pigs out there unfortunitely,, but you'll find one that isn't. Keep your head held high and forget about the other guys, you wouldn't want to settle with a guy like that anyways.. you want a man you can trust, not a guy that can't commit. You'll find mr. right, it just may take time... but never give up.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You never really know the person you end up with or you think you do untill something like this happens. I know it sucks. Love is the most complicated but also greatest thing. All you have to do is think of it this way it is better to be left then cheated on consistently behind your back imagine how you would feel if years and years went by and you found out your partner had multiple sex partners without you knowing?...I would rather have the A-hole leave me now to give me some chance in my younger years to actually snatch up the right guy thats meant for me. she might be prettier but eventually her looks are gonna fade and shes going to get boring to him as well and before you know it...shes left behind too. ....Don't forget beauty comes in all different forms not only looks. Someday you will find someone who thinks you are the most beautiful woman in the world. take care
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009