• In the Spotlight:

Pull ups w/cool feel vs fade away vs generic

So we're going to start potty training. I'm going to try a couple of different options to see what works best for my daughter. I've purchased cloth training pants but will be using pull ups at daycare & outings. But, I'm not sure that there is a significant difference between Pull UPs with cool feel vs the fade away. It's cold here so she'll be wearing clothes and won't notice the fading. Also any recommended generic brand?

prettyinpink2

Asked by prettyinpink2 at 6:40 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just buy the cheapest ones you can find. I have yet to have any luck with fading or cooling....neither had any effect on either boy I've trained so far....The only thing that did work for us was just moving to regular underwear and letting them get wet a few times.....

Ever seen a 3 year old do the "ape walk" like in Planet of the Apes? (the original one) HILARIOUS!!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Ive heard that putting panties/underwear on under the diaper helps. They feel the wet, but without the mess. Haven't tried it myself (yet), but I will if I need to!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 7:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I tired both on my daughter, and they was just like a diaper to her... the best thing is to let her wear underwear and only underwear even if you go somewhere, if shes ready to be potty trainned she will learn the differnce of being wet, and not. thats what I had to do with my daughter. she only wears a pull up at night, were still workin on that but she wears panties every where n all day. It took her a few times but it worked.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 7:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• oh yeah i like the kroger brand of pull ups! there cheap n good.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 7:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Personally I don't care for pull ups. I used to potty train loads of kids at daycare (I worked in the two year-old room). I found that a lot of times the pull ups were just confusing for kids because they look like underwear but you are still allowed to go in them. I don't think it matters what brand you use, don't go for the fancy gimicks if you choose pull ups because I am pretty sure they don't help. If the child isn't noticing that's he's peeing, he isn't going to notice that the designs are faded or that his diaper is cooler. Plus the cooling effect is the result of some kind of chemical reaction that I wouldn't trust.

Sorry for the novel!!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• personaly i agree with everyone else..the cool alert wrked a lil better but it just confused my lil girl..once she was ready to start going potty she did soooo much better with panties..but all kids are diffrent.do what wrks best for ur lil one.
    babygurl318

Answer by babygurl318 at 10:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• good luck i am pt my dd and i have found that she thinks pull up are just like diapers she pees in them all the time so i just started putting real underwear on her and she only will have 1-2 accidents a day in them and she even takes a nap in them ...
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:54 AM on Jan. 22, 2009