why not soy?

my daughter is fifteen months old and on wic. she cannot drink whole milk becuz it constipates her so wic put her on lactose free milk which worked better but she still had problems with it. well i talked to the doc and she put her on soy milk and it is working great. yaayyy but i called wic yesterday and told them the doc put her on soy and they don't provide soy milk. does anyone know why? i mean its healthy right?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 8:18 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• In ohio WIC will only give with a doctors RX so ask for one..they have to provide what the doc says the baby needs. Good luck.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sometimes wic says no unless there is a DR note saying the child needs it for health/allergy reasons, I don't know if that will work for the soy milk though.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well she goes to the doc next month and i will say something but if i have to buy it i don't care. its for her benefit and whatever it takes to keep my kids healthy, but i just wondered if it was healthy and to benefit the child why they wouldn't add it.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yeah, they don't pay for soy milk. I ve always wondered why but I suppose they just feel regular milk is best or they haven't had enough requests for it. I have used soy milk too. My youngest child will NOT drink milk and never has. Keep bugging them...maybe they will change their policy.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• thanks guys like i said i am going to talk to the doc
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well, that sucks cos that's what we give our daughter, and i have an appt with WIC in a couple weeks. can you not afford to buy soy milk?
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 9:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Hmm... both my girls had WIC and were able to get soy milk. I think we had to have a prescription from the doctor though.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Every state has different things that wic provides. Try getting a doctor's note and seeing if that helps. Otherwise, you may just have to pay for the soy.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Call WIC back and ask if you can get it with a doctors note.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 2:15 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i can afford it if i have to likei said it is for the health of my daughter my point is wic is supposed to be all for health and nutrition and apparently the are not
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 21, 2009