Cold Remedy?

Does anyone have any cold remedies? I have the worst sore throat and cough. I'm not sure what I have because I can't keep my eyes open and my body just aches. I have hot and cold chills.... I can't afford the copay at the doctor right now so any home remedies would be appreciated. Thanks!!

njmommy2boys

Asked by njmommy2boys at 8:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Health

• The best one i know, is ginger tea. I boil a lil piece of ginger, in about a cup of water, for a good 5 minutes. Then you drain it, add sugar and milk, or however you like your tea. It will be bitter and strong, but my mother in law made it for me once, and it killed my cold in 2 days.

WifeyandMom71

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have been taking Vit C and Elderberry extract.
    TinasTribe

Answer by TinasTribe at 8:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• do u have sinus problems.. tr y honey or even mixing baking soda a asprin and honey and heat it up..in the microwave its kinda gross.. it might help.
    SHANTELL32

Answer by SHANTELL32 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Use a humidifier to put some moisture back into the air...warm tea for sore throat...vapor rub...motrin for pain.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you can tylonal for your cold and sore throat also try some vicks put some vix in a hudifire and breath it in
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• hot tea with honey and lemon and a shot of Jack for the aches. Hope you feel better.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 8:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009