AmI hurting my baby?

I've been so stressed out, and depressed lately. When I get upset, my stomach always tightens up and I'm worried that me being upset so much is hurting my unborn baby...

Is it?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 8:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have read that stress can cause a negative effect towards a fetus. Try googleing it. Or get a pregnancy book. It will tell you ways to deal with stress.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 8:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you putting yourself through stress can hurt your baby...not the actual tightening of your stomach muscles though. pregnancy is enough to deal with, nothing else matters. let things roll as they may and go tyake a bath! try everything to not take things too seriously. good luck! and congrats!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• How far along are you? Could be braxton hicks contractions that happen when you get upset. When I did any type of extreme movement, or cried hard I got them when I was about 6/7 months along. Stress is bad for you in general, sometimes can not be avoided as we get so emotional during a pregnancy. Don't worry too much, if all it took was getting upset to lose/hurt an unborn baby there would be no abortion clinics! Take everyday one day at a time! :)
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 9:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes your stress can be bad for baby, but don't feel guilty. Take charge of it and talk to your doctor. They can help you deal with this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i agree with dhoppe it sounds like braxton hicks to me, i remember my stomach did this sometimes during my pregnancy when i was about 7 months and on and i though the baby was getting in a weird position, but after i was in the hospital in labor and noticed that my stomach did the sme thing every time i showed a contration on the monitor, thats when i relised i was having a contraction all those times lol
    mandyjh

Answer by mandyjh at 11:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you dont stop stressing out you could loose the baby so try not to be so stressed out
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009