How am I supposed to respond?

Yesterday I had it out w/ my partner at work. Until now he has been a very nice man and I have never had any problems with him, but yesterday he asked me to do something I feel is morally wrong. I'm an EMT so my first proirity is to my patients and he wanted me to do a personal errand with a patient on board (this was not and emergency patient he's a man we take frequently to and from dialysis). When I told him no he threated me my job if I told anyone that he had asked and personally attacked me saying I want people to feel bad for me bc I'm a single mom and that I'm one way. My SO who works for the same company thinks I should call my boss and tell her because he wants him to know that threating people is not acceptable. I would just like to let it go he was already so mean and hurtful I just feel it's over and it should stay that way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would personally bring it to the attn of the boss. Even if he doesnt get in trouble. Everything that he does wrong can build up to bite him in the butt. But it wont if there is no record of it..get it? I dont think Im making sense..lol
    mmharper90

Answer by mmharper90 at 9:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would tell. He was probably threatening you bc he has other complaints against him.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You should have told your boss right away, but you still need to let your boss know NOW. Did your patient happen to hear any of it?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• you did the right thing. how can he jeopardize your job, is he your supervisor? he should be the one worrying about losing his job cuz of his action. be tough, i think he just tried to scare you cuz you're one of a few girls in this field of work. i would tell your boss though if i were you.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 9:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Because I was apparently speeding on the was to get the pt, we were going to be very late to pick him up. He gets done dialysis at 2:30 and we were dispatched to get him at at 2:15. Apparently I was going 72 in a 65 on the highway and he feels I would get fired for it. p.s. didn't mean to amke the question annon
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if i were you i would have told your boss because even though you thank its over he might try to treatend you agine always tell your boss when something at your work dosent go right
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 12:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• so if you tell your boss about him asking if he could go do errands but hasn't happened, he would tell your boss about you speeding. hhmm... now it's different cuz he got some dirt on you too, or else i would just tell the boss. going 7 mph over speed limit during a non emergency situation is wrong and you know that. i don't think you could get fired from it though, a write up or a warning maybe, but don't quote me on that. you have to look at the history of people who get fired from the job, from what reasons. if you choose to tell your boss and end up telling her about speeding, she'll think that you double standard on your co-worker, and you might get in trouble.
    KaydensMom99

Answer by KaydensMom99 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 22, 2009