Sleeping at Grandmas

My son will be 20 months old next week and he has been sleeping through the night at home since he was 5 months old. I live 45 minutes away from my work. My mom gets him for me twice a week so I can attend a Zumba class that is close to my house . Recently he has started waking up screaming bloody murder every hour on the hour at her house. This is so unlike him. He LOVES going to my mom's, but he just won't sleep. At home, no problems what so ever. He sleeps from 8pm until I wake him up around 6am. On the weekends at home he will sleep from 8pm-8am no problem. My mom is so upset. She thinks she is doing something wrong. Any suggestions? I enjoy my zumba class, but I will have to quit it if he can't sleep over there. It's not fair to my mom, and I hate the thought of my baby boy being so upset. HELP!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Mar. 9, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It may be nothing more than he is old enough to know he isn't at home in his bed. Around 2 yrs old lots of kids go through sleep pattern changes. My oldest certainly did. He slept through the night from 6 weeks until he was 18 months old. Then all the sudden he was up screaming and crying. It took several months but it did settle down. Does your Mom do your same bedtime routine or is it different.? Little ones pick up on subtle changes.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:06 PM on Mar. 9, 2012