Help! My 2 year old will not sleep without me.

My 2 year old son won't sleep longer than an hour or 2 in his own bed and when he wakes up he screams for me and wont go back to sleep until I put him in bed with me. I have a new baby coming in August and would love to get him to sleep on his own. He is in a toddler bed right now but are upgrading to a twin bed hoping the size difference in the bed might help.. any thoughts?

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 5:16 PM on Mar. 9, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You must tough it out and make him stay in his own bed.
    If he wakes and screams you go in you speak quietly to him and check to be sure that he is not wet, sick or starving and then you kiss him and lay him back down. You can rub his back for a few minutes and or you can turn on some some music. But if you want him to stay in his bed you have to teach him that you are not going to give in to his tantrums.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:20 PM on Mar. 9, 2012