The M.O.M Team work from home, Is It a Gimmick????

cloud144

Asked by cloud144 at 9:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• It is a multi level marketing scam, you know, a pyramid scheme. They go out recruiting people, under the guise of "moms helping moms". The more people they recruit to sell their products, the more money the recruiters make. The money isn't in the products that you will sell, it is in the recruiting, and you won't be the one making the money unless of course you start recruiting. Also you should NEVER have to pay money to have a 'job'.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yep never pay, not even a dollar.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• The Mom Team is a non-profit organization of Moms that make legitimate money paid to them by Melaleuca. The Mom Team is not a business; it is a team of people who help each other succeed in making money from home. Melaleuca is a 23 year old company out of Idaho in good standing with the BBB. They don't pay for advertising, they pay their customers for word of mouth referrals. We get paychecks once a month from Melaleuca for helping people to find Melaleuca on the internet. I am a member of the Mom's Team and would be willing to answer any questions for those who would like to stay at home and raise their children. Every business has a start up fee, but not many businesses guarantee that you get your initial investment back within the first two months. Check it out for yourself. www.melaleuca.com or www.Free2BeMoms.com or e-mail me your questions directly at smtg@bellsouth.net. This really has changed my family's life.
    MammaGee

Answer by MammaGee at 10:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'm going to call them a scam, but they do require lots of marketing and an investment. I stick with the free companies and I've been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• They are in good standing with the BBB, but try looking them up to see how many complaints they have had. Just b/c the complaint was closed doesn't mean the complainant was happy - just that they agreed to get it over with or they didn't respond to the company suggestion b/c they were fed up.
    I listened to their little speech, but I wouldn't do it. It is one of those "too good to be true" kind of things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I tried them to 2 months. They take the money straight for your bank account on a monthly basis. The only way your getting a pay check is if you get more people to recruit. That was hard for me because I couldn't get anyone to recruit so I left it alone and canceled after being out of $120
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 11:48 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i've trired working at home and i cant find any work at home so it really dosent work i will let you know though if i find something that dose work
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 11:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Heythere, I do the mom team as well. You do make money for all the poeple you refer. I have to say it is tough though it's something that you have to put some time & effort into. You can earn alot of money but it takes time.
    Anonymous

• Anon 1 and 2 are not completely correct. You should NEVER pay anything for a home job BUT you will have to invest some money into a home business. I hate that people are so closed minded. It just means that they don't have what it takes or are not willing to work hard to build a successful home business. Sad.
    Anonymous

• I don't know what the mom team is but if it is Melaleuca it is NOT MLM....I repeat NOT MLM. The money is not strictly in the recruiting. Melaleuca business owners make a percentage off of sales as well. It is correct to say though that an MLM only makes money from recruiting but if the MOM TEAM is Melaleuca...it is just simply not an MLM
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 1:59 AM on Jan. 25, 2009