OYSTER SOUP

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A GOOD RECIPE FOR OYSTER SOUP???..I DON'T WANT ALL THE EXTRA STUFF LIKE CELERY EX..JUST GOOOOD OYSTER SOUP WITH SOME FLAVOR.

mom231child8

Asked by mom231child8 at 9:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm not 1 for measuring things...but really all I use is milk,melted butter & oysters & sometimes a pinch of salt & pepper & then I let it simmer for awhile.
    amanda2780

Answer by amanda2780 at 2:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I make it the same way as the above poster, however, I add the juice from the oysters as well. It gives it more flavor. I melt butter in a pan, a couple tables spoons or more. Then when it's melted I add 3 or so cans of oysters, the liquid from at LEAST one can, if not more, then let it heat for a few minutes, then I add the milk and pepper (I'm not a salt user) and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or so, and voila, oyster soup. YUM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2009