should i be worried?

i am 31 weeks pregnant and for some reasson my face keeps swelling up. My feet will to but they arnt as bad as my face. I asked my Dr lastime i was in there and he didnt seem to concerned about it but i was looking on the internet and it talks about preecclampsia and now im kind of worried.

GraciesMom52407

Asked by GraciesMom52407 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If you are not spilling protien in your urine, peeing less, or pitting ( press really hard with your thumb on your lower leg where the bone is if it dents and stays), and blood presser is good. I wouldn't be too worried. I got preeclampsia with my daughter and that is what they were looking for. One other way that they could tell if everything was alright was my reflexs (like when the doctor hits right at tne knee and makes your leg jump) when something is wrong your reflexs are out of control. I had to go in for Non-Stress Test and everytime they would do that my leg would kick hard. I almost kick one of the nurses in the face. If you are really are worried call and tell them. Sometimes they will get you in right then and there. Hope you don't have any problems. Oh, congrats on the baby.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I'm on pregnancy number 4 (due in august) and swelling is pretty common, though usually its hands and feet more than the face, ateast in my case. Try not to worry too much... next appointment stress to your doc how concerned you are. I know sometimes they brush things off unless they really see that you are worried about it. :) Good Luck, sorry if I wasn't much help.
    MamaCareysZoo

Answer by MamaCareysZoo at 10:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Try to discontinue the salt intake. Low sodium soda, no added salt to your dinner plate, pork of anykind and watch the instant micro dinners..their sodium is very high
    ladyoprayer2

Answer by ladyoprayer2 at 1:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• If at any time during your pregnancy you are experiencing any kind of symptoms that are bothering you, then dont hesitate to contact your doctor. That is what he is getting paid for isnt it? Preeclampsia is something to worry about, so if you can, check your blood pressure. When I was expecting my daughter, I had preeclampsia and I would get bad headaches and would be light headed.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 4:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2008