• In the Spotlight:

Can you use both options (actual stroller seat and infant carrier) of a Graco Passage travel system simultaneously?

I'm pregnant and due July 16. My daughter will be about 20 months old by then so I'll have an almost 2 year old and a newborn. I own a graco passage travel system where the infant carrier attaches to the top of it.

My question is this: Is it possible to use this stroller and carseat simultaneously? So that a newborn and toddler could both ride?

It seems that you could but I'm really not sure. I don't like double strollers of any sort. They're too big and bothersome.

Any ideas would be helpful. And no drama please...It's only a question after all.

madamekatekate

Asked by madamekatekate at 9:56 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• here is a link to a graco passage travel system... if you click to enlarge the pic and click on the one that shows the one that has the carseat attached to the stroller you will see that these type of travel systems aren't made to be used the way you are asking about. This will be true about all travel systems. If you need to carry 2 in one stroller you're going to have to invest in a double stroller. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5734276
    You could try a sling or baby wearing item and push your older child in the stroller
    mikeyjavimami21

Answer by mikeyjavimami21 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I don't think they can be used for both. I am pretty sure the car seat sits in the seat of the carriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It wouldnt work the way your thinking. You would have to have one made specifically for two children. sorry
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:00 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• With this one, Anon. 9:58 am, the carseat sits on the top, above the seat.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• okay seriously, then why are you asking us, obviously YOU can see the stroller, make the decision whether it is safe....Put a watermelon in the carseat, and put your two year old in the stroller...test it out.....geez...not trying to be rude.....just tired.......
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ...I was addressing the Anonymous answer not you, Cloud144. Go be tired somewhere else.

I was asking because I want to know if anyone else had tried it before I put my toddler in there under anything.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was thinking about wearing baby #2, mikeyjavimami21, just not sure yet. I figure I could probably do that and by the time he/she is too big too wear then he/she will move to the stroller and my older daughter will be big enough to walk basically on her own. I'm just scared it will be a logistical nightmare.

I had already looked it up on gracos site to see if they said anything strictly against trying to use it that way.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I know you didnt mean me, just saying logically...just test it...personally, Its dangerous, and I wouldnt do it...and If I saw someone in public with their two year old wedged under something like that, I would call the police....
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 10:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• no you would have to get a double stroller because it wont work the way you thank it will
    henderson20

Answer by henderson20 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2009