Can I use both options (stroller seat and infant carrier) of a graco Passage travel system simulataneously?

I'm pregnant and due July 16. My daughter will be about 20 months old by then so I'll have an almost 2 year old and a newborn. I own a graco passage travel system where the infant carrier attaches to the top of it.

My question is this: Is it possible to use this stroller and carseat simultaneously? So that a newborn and toddler could both ride?

It seems that you could but I'm really not sure. I don't like double strollers of any sort. They're too big and bothersome.

Any ideas would be helpful. And no drama please...It's only a question after all.

(If you've seen this question already, it's because I also posted it in Babies.)

madamekatekate

Asked by madamekatekate at 9:57 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No you can't use that stroller for both. Once the infant seat is in place, there isn't any room for a diaper bag, much less another child. My kids are 2 years and 9 months apart and we bought a double stroller. I used it maybe 3 times, waste of money really. I wore my DS until I couldn't anymore. By then my DD was 3 and old enough to walk by herself next to me correctly. My DS is now 18 months old and RUNS if he's not held, so I purchased a child harness for him ( OH NO SHE SAID HARNESS ALERT CPS). But I'd rather a kid on a harness than a dead one. You might want to try using a harness with her. I got mine from Wal-Mart for 9 bucks, and it's a puppy. ( bucks for the harness, and 8 bucks for the front carrier was cheaper than the 160 for double stroller).
    MomTo2BabesTX

Answer by MomTo2BabesTX at 6:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I do not think it is possible to use it both at once. I could not with my stroller. If you do not like double strollers you can always buy a baby carrier and "wear" your baby while the older once sits in the stroller. I have a baby trend sit in stand double stroller and I really like it. It's not horribly bulky or heavy. It fits in the drunk of my little car. Just an Idea!
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 10:14 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I was thinking of doing that, actually. My only concern is after baby #2 is bigger and I decide to stop wearing him/her, will my daughter be ok in public walking on her own or will she still get tired and need a stroller? Lol, soemthing tells me I'm putting a bit too much though into this.

I guess not all double stroller are as bulky or heavy as they look...It's just I can barely navigate my single stroller (I'm short and yes I can see past the stroller but I can't always see what's about to be under the stroller. I run into thins alot, lol.)
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• no the stroller can't be used by two children. i have a 17 month old and a newborn, and i use a double stroller and that really aren't that bad.
    kpvamp06

Answer by kpvamp06 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Thanks, MomTo2BabesTX.

I hadn't thought of a harness but I'm not against trying it. People say "Oh my gosh it's so mean to put your child on a leash!" But with children who like to run it's a million times safer. I'm also thinking of wearing baby #2 as long as I can.

I'll most likely still try and see if my idea will work. If it doesn't, it doesn't. I'll be ok. But why not try? Lol.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 7:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009