When should you start working on the nighttime potty training??

i know my lil girl is not ready for it yet but just so i know shes been telling shes gotta go w/ lil accidents...

babygurl318

Asked by babygurl318 at 9:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There really is no such thing as night time training.
    Some kids train themselves, waking up dry or going in the night on their own.
    Some kids are not physically capable of going all night for years and years.
    Some kids sleep too deeply to know they have to go or that they have already gone.

From what I've read, you shouldn't worry about night time at all until your child has been fully day time trained for at least 6 months. After that, you can start accident prevention measures like limiting fluids 2 hours before bedtime and waking them up to go before you go to bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i havent tried it with my dd yet she sleeps in underwear at nap time but i havent been brave enough yet at night b/c i cant get her out of my bed so i dont want to wake up wet lol... but my friend when she started potty training her dd she just put pants on her from day one and she has done great she started it when she was 14 months and she is now 2 and rarely has night time acciedents
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 12:51 AM on Jan. 22, 2009