As a soon to be mom, do you think maintaining a full-time job is possile with a newborn baby?

Haley.Hannan

Asked by Haley.Hannan at 10:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Women do it all the time. I will be challenging

Answer by louise2 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you have to do it..you will find a way...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• It can be hard if you want to BF and aren't able to pump at work. If you don't BF yes it's possible. After my first I went back to work FT and I wasn't able to pump and coming home and then BF'ing wasn't enough after about a month, but I also worked 12-14 hours.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• im a single mom living on my own... i work full time cause i dont have a choice lol... i went back to work at 4weeks PP. It helps tremendously that my mom can watch my daughter ( but i do have to drive 30 mins there each way) Its easier and cheaper that daycare.. You can do it :)
    tiffani_qt2001

Answer by tiffani_qt2001 at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you have some kind of support system, yes you can absolutely do it. The average maternity leave is a mere six weeks. SIX WEEKS! Babies are still newborns at that stage, and millions of moms have to go back to work at that time. I myself will have to start looking for work after my six weeks is up. I don't want to, but I gotta do what I gotta do, yanno?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• its hard but you can do it!
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• goodYes...I have done it 3 times and the second was w/ twins. With the last baby, I pumped at work. It worked out great. You do need a flexible babysitter or daycare. You need someone to vent frusrtations to and if your workplace is not flexible w/you like when the baby is sick and daycare is closed, you need backup like your mom to watch your baby on those days. But you can do it.

KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I did it, I took a 2 week Maternity leave :( It was hard but I knew I needed to for the babies well being!!! My work is flexible with me, so if something is wrong I can leave, but I know not all jobs are :( You can do it!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes it's possible, but why would you if it's not a matter of putting food on the table? Your baby needs you more than your job does. It's very hard and you always feel guilty and you miss everything and someone else is raising your baby. Babies are not cared for as well in day care as they are with a mommy. Really think about it before you decide to go back to work. Your baby needs you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• ANON 11:12 What fantasy land do you live in? it's a matter of being able to support you and your baby roof over your head, heat, phone, car insurance, health insurance. and thats not even all of it. Unless your SO makes over 60,000 a year how can you justify staying home when bills arn't being paid and your living off the govt. Face it in this day in age being a SAHM and having all your bills paid doesn't happen for most unless you get govt. aide. Most women want to stay home with their children but providing for them is much more important. 2 income household are very common these days and when are children grow up most won't even know what a SAHM is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jan. 21, 2009