okay i think my water broke (i am driping and my underwear is wet) and I call my L&D and they told me I have to call my OB so I did and no one is picking up or returning my CALL ughh.. well my question is

should any contractions? I am really scared right now my SO cant get off of work ={

effie777

Asked by effie777 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you think your watter broke you need to go to the docs asap, contractions will soon follow... and chances of infection are high now. good luck
    setliff

Answer by setliff at 10:06 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you think you broke your water you need to go to the dr. With me when my water broke at 34 week i didnt start having contractions for a few hours after and they had to tell me that I was having them I didnt feel them.
    By the way your due date was the same as mine which was yesterday. And I had my baby 2wks ago I thought you were having a c-sec I was just wondering why you hadnt had it yet?
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:07 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• the L&D room messed up and gave me my c-section at 40 weeks! and my doc said it was fine
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• So are you going to go or not? You really need to even if your SO cant get off have someone esle take you or call an ambulance.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 10:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you really think it broke show up at your dr office, dont wait for them to call you back. my water broke on a thursday and i didnt know (it was a slow leak) until friday morning when it hadnt stopped leaking and i called and waited umm 5 minutes for them to call me back and when they didnt call i got in my car and showed up! they took me right away and looked inside and off i went to the hospital. it was still 10 hours later before i felt my first contraction. good luck sweetie
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I got my first contraction 30 minutes after my water broke. Head in to either the hospital or your doctors office to have them check and see if your water actually did break. If it did, then you have to be careful that you don't get an infection.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Go to the hospital---it's better to be safe than sorry. You could have a quick delivery and you would rather be in the hospital than in your car or at home. If they send you home, at least you will know that you didn't put your life or your baby's life in possible jeopardy.
    jodes1121

Answer by jodes1121 at 11:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If your water broke you need to go asap cause you risk suffocation in the baby once all the water is gone. If you don't feel any labor pains they are going to induce you to get you to dialate. The water breaking is a sign that the baby is coming whether you have time or not. Tell the boss u need off I'm sure your not going to be paid overtime for delivering on his table lol.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 11:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I guess I am the oddball. If you are beyond 36-37 weeks there is no rush to the hospital. Just avoid any thing in your vagina... Water breaking doesn't mean labor will start. Most women don't deliver their babies until 36 hours after their water breaks.

Having your water break isn't a tragedy, and there is no need to freak out. Unless you are going to be premature. Keep calling your OB but don't stress. If you begin to feel contractions, call your SO and tell him he might want to come home.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• the baby doesn't breath by amniotic fluid lol.. you wont suffocate the baby.. wow that was weird. the baby get's oxygen through the umbilical cord and the placenta.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009