Burning movies??

I just wanted to know how many people out there actually burn their own movies. Do you do it online or subscribe through Netflix and then burn them? The reason that I was interested is because how come everyone is always bashing people doing this, yet I know places that rent movies for part or all of their business and they just go buy them at Walmart and rent them out. I would think that it is more illegal to do that, yet nobody seems to complain about that. Just a question I don't really care if people want to burn their own movies or not.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Entertainment

• I dont know what the big deal is...if your not gonna sell them then no biggie..who can afford to pay 20-30 bucks for a dvd anymore when ppl are getting laid off left and right...i guess some ppl just have sticks up their asses..and want to pretend that they are "above" all that and
    never" break the law..psht..whatever.. good question
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I don't burn movies. My husband had bought some burned movies off a guy he worked with a long time ago but we no longer do that. I'm in the process of replacing the burned ones with legal ones and throwing the burned ones out.

If you can't afford to buy the movie at $20-$30 a pop, then rent them from the video store for $5.

I am above "all that" and do my best not to break any laws.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:55 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• A good look at the movie theaters is proof enough that there are still people going to see movies, despite the ever rising costs, because people still like to see them on the big screen. In fact, a recent study has shown the majority of people who DO download them online have already seen them in the theater, so as far as any downloading for free, it's not as big an issue as the media would have you believe.

As far as burning movies, I don't bother, there's too many other, better, options out there these days. And anyone who says that they're "above all that" needs to take their nose out of the air because that's a sanctimonious expression that conveys a holier than thou attitude. I personally have no issue with someone who can't afford to spend $60 to take their kids to a movie because the rest of their lives are filled with worry and stress downloading a movie, even if they don't rent or buy it first.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:29 PM on Jan. 21, 2009