Do you think its possible to have a guy as your best friend even though both are married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Absolutely
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:10 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sure. One of my best friends is a guy, we've known each other for a long time. My boyfriend knows that there's never any possibility of anything bad between us, all three of us have hung out together more than once and he's seen how we are lol. We're more like brother and sister.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:11 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think so. I have always had male friends. I have a very dear friend who is a male, we are both married and both of our SO's completely understand and accept the relationship between us. But that can also be a rare situation. A friendship like that can cause lots of jealousy. All the parties involved have to accept it or it won't work and it will cause big problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think so, however I think it CAN cause some problems. I know if the tables were turned and my husband had a girl that was his best friend, I would probably have some jealousy issues. Now I don't normally have jealousy...girls can flirt with my husband, girls can say things to him with inuendo's but that never has bothered me.

But if there was another girl in his life, that got to know his fears, secrets, and was emotionally important to him...I would have problems. So I can understand how same sex friendships are probably better for people in a relationship. Or even better would be friendships were both of you are friends with each of another couple.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:15 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If you and your DH agree it's Ok to have guy friends and lady friends. Yes of corse it would be OK.

Answer by louise2 at 10:20 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yes. I have two best friends, one is a guy and he happens to be married to my other best friend. He's like a big brother to me (even though he's younger..) and I absolutely love him and he knows me better than anyone. My husband does get jealous about it, and to be honest, it has caused problems in the past. But he's better now than he used to be about it and understands now that trying to tell me I can't be friends with him is like telling me to never see my family again. Now, his wife... she doesn't have a problem whatsoever with it. She actually encourages us to talk because I can put him in a much better mood when he's cranky. Makes her life easier. LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I realize that this is going to be an unpopular response. No. It is bound to cause a problem in one or both marriages and it is unfair to each other's spouses. Those kind of relationships should be saved for your spouse or a close friend of the same sex. If you are close friends with a member of the opposite sex, you should keep the relationship between couples. It should not be personal. Relationships with the same gender are one way and are different with the opposite sex. That's just the way it is.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:08 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yup. I only have 3 close girl-friends --- the rest are guys. Some are married, some not.

Most were friends long before I ever even met my husband --- I'm not giving them up just because I'm "in a relationship" now. He knew what he was getting himself into.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 11:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• No. Men and women can never really be friends. Haven't you ever seen "When Harry Met Sally" ever??
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:34 AM on Jan. 21, 2009