Do you consider recvng Baked Gifts 4 Christmas Tacky?

or cheap?
I wanna give some out and was wondering if anyont thought it was not the best idea...
thanks!

TXdanielly

Asked by TXdanielly at 9:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I think baked goods is a thoughtful present myself. Not to mention it takes more effor tthen just going and buying something. I get homemade goodies every year for christmas and I love it. With kids and family I dont always have time to bake things as much as I like and some of the things that I recieve as gifts are things I wouldn't think to make so it is a nice treat. I thought about making my own baking mixes as gifts (cookies, soups, etc. in a jar.) So you just add water or perishable ingredients and you are good to go.

So go for it with the baked goods, and if anyone complains you can send give em too me! ;) really anyone who would not liked homemade goods is someone who probably didn;t deserve a present in the first place.
    Maidenwolf

Answer by Maidenwolf at 10:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I don't consider it tacky. We've done it before! Christmas is not about how much money that's spent...it's about the love that goe sinto the gift itself.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• As long as they are good. I ve received some really nasty homemade stuff before. I remember on year my Mom and I made a ton of different cookies from scratch... dont know if it was really worth it. But my Mom and I did have fun together though. I give out sweatshirts with the kids handprints on them and framed Christmas pictures of the kids. I wouldnt mind receiving baked goods....less work for me! Take care
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 9:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Don't think it's tacky: In the past we've given out those type of gifts and we have receive those kinds of gifts.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I think that they are a very thoughtful present! As long as they are tasty lol. I give baked goods as presents all the time and have never heard a word of complaint.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I personally love homemade and handmade gifts...My entire extended family think these things are cheap and tacky. We have a very interesting Christmas...many Grinches!!! LOL
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 10:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• OH, in my family, my grandma has always made Rum Cake, which I don’t actually care for. There’s like 10 kids for her to bake for and god-knows how many grandchildren, let alone the great-grandchildren now. So now, the ‘kids’ have taken over the ‘sending rum cake to their kids’ and grandma only has to worry about the 10. Last year, a girlfriend of mine (for something like 25 years) sent us baked goods and since I’d talked to her quite a bit, I knew how much energy she’d put into it, and I thought of her with every bite of my tasty snacks! I think it is a gift of love and I’m honored to receive them!
    idahospaz

Answer by idahospaz at 10:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• I would prefer homemade gifts. My family knits, paints, and throws pottery. We get a lot of handmade baskets, pottery, pictures, clothing. It's great. My grandmother has a very lucrative garden so we get squash and they make pickles so we get those to. For my mother and my mother in law, we printed out poems that we wrote in really pretty font on colored paper and then art glued them to plaqueboards and contact papered them. We make bath salts and soaps. And those layered deserts and drinks you see in the grocery store, just add water type things are easy to make. I think baked goods are great. Sorry, that was a LOT more than you asked for!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 10:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• No..I think its nice.
    NorahSethsMommy

Answer by NorahSethsMommy at 11:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Two of our three adult children make baked goods for Christmas. We love it!
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2008