FABRIC SOFTENER

How do you get the scent of your fab softener to stay in your clothes? I put mine in the dispenser and the washer does the rest, but after my clothes come out of the dryer-I can't smell my fab softener very much at all! This is aggravating because I use the same one as a friend of mine does-and I can smell it so much in her daughters clothes-without even having to get close to her! Whats the secret?

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 10:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I really don't know for sure! But does she also use Fabric Softenr Sheets of the Same Scent & Brand As well?? Does she Have Softened Water? Meaning A Water softener instead of Basic Hard untreated water? That may make A difference!! Good luck on finding your solution. Sometimes if its on us & we're wearing it.. We can't Smell it??
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• That's funny - I actually buy unscented because I can't stand getting whiffs of perfume from my clothes all day long. I also have wondered if the perfumes from everything people use (laundry soap, softener, fabric sheets, soap, shampoo, deodorant, hair spray, etc.) don't end up clashing - especially if the person actually then puts on perfume on top of everything else.

Any way, I just add like the directions state. I wash in cold water and it's mildly hard water wtih no softener. Days later, I could still smell the fabric softener. And I was using regular scented Downey at the time.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• try using the same scents in the dryer sheets. That's more where your going to get that smell from.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i use the same scented sheet as the fabric softner.
    nannybopeep

Answer by nannybopeep at 11:22 AM on Jan. 22, 2009