How soon after childbirth did you wait to have sex?

I just had my 2nd baby on the 31st of December....3 weeks ago. With my first I remember my recovery being alot worse and I waited to have sex with my hubby until my 6 week check up. This time I feel great now and I'm not even bleeding anymore. I did tear with both...both 2nd degree tears. I have 3 more weeks until my checkup...but I don't want to wait that long to be with my hubby. How long did any of you wait until you had sex again? Did you wait until your check up? I want to be safe with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The soonest was 2 weeks, and it was really too soon for me. But the longest was 4 weeks...and I was fine from there out.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you want to be safe then follow the doctor's orders which should have been 6 weeks. i waited and I didn't want to either with all 4 of mine
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We did it for the first time three nights ago. No complaining here, just take it slow =] I had my daughter on 12/26. Yay for December babies!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I waited until after my 6 week check up...I wasn't about to risk infection i was in enough discomfort! =P
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 10:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You really should wait until after your checkup. It's not so much about you recovering from tears, but more from the risk of infection because of your cervix and uterus still recovering. You definitely don't want to get a uterine infection just because you couldn't wait a few more weeks.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 10:59 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I so didn't even want to before my 6 week appointment. Your body goes thru a lot of trauma down there----it's not worth having some sort of complication.....then you will have to delay sex even longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• With my oldest we waited 6 weeks and with my 2 1/2 month old we waited about 3 or 4 weeks.
    LND

Answer by LND at 2:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009