Is there anything i can do for her cough??

My 4 month old has a terrible cough. I called her peds office and they said if she doesnt have a fever it could probably wait till her 4 month check which is in 6 days... i dunno if im too worried or if i should take her somewhere else... she wont nap, her cough makes her spit up...its just so pitiful to see :(

tiffani_qt2001

Asked by tiffani_qt2001 at 10:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put her in a room with a vaporizer and see if that helps her. Also try doing pedilite 1/2 the time instead of milk. It helps her throat to not be coated as much. If it's really severe I'd insist on her being checked out. You know your child better then they do.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:31 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• try putting her in her carseat of bouncy chair in the bathroom when you take a shower, the steam sometimes helps loosen the cough. a humidifier may also help. if she cannot take her bottle, she needs to see the dr. these are things the docs office always told me to try. there used to be some stuff vicks made that you could put in her bathwater to help soothe her. my dad used to put vicks vapo rub on himself under his clothes and then hold the babies, they could breathe it but it would not get on their skin and that did help my twins. but for sure, if she gets atemp or cannot take the bottle, she needs to be seen.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Keep an ear on it b/c if it starts to sound wheezy or high picked towards the end, she may need to go in sooner. However, it is cold season so chances are it's not really a bad cough, just a cold. She'll be fine waiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009