How do you keep a 2 year old's diaper on at night?

My 2 year little boy wont keep his diaper or pull up on at night. I've tried both but he knows how to get them both off. I've tried different pajamas like ones that zip and regular pj's. But nothing seems to be working! I just keep waking up to a naked little one whose pee'd in his bed. We've started the potty training process and it's going ok. He's a very smart little one so it's come down to where I have to out smart him... Any help you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated!!! Thanks for your time!

TrulyBlessed111

Asked by TrulyBlessed111 at 10:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Duct Tape! Seriously...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• wake him up before you go to bed and take him to go pee. I did that with my son when he was 2 1/2 and potty training. He almost always peed and so we never had accidents at night. i know it sounds crazy, waking him up, but if he doesnt have to go pee anymore maybe he wont take off the diaper etc.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree with getting him up at night to go. You don't even have to wake them up all the way. Also, if he cannot stand having a wet diaper on, you are not going to want him to get used the the feeling again because it will delay potty training. You may just have to wash his sheets every day. You could also try putting a onsie on under his jammies.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:02 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• seriously..
    I used duck tape on my daughter.

Then she figured it out.

So i started putting them on back wards, and then had to use sleepers that had the feet cut out of them, and put them on back wards before she would not do that.
    Staceyymichelle

Answer by Staceyymichelle at 12:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i put underwear over my sons diaper. it really did work until he learned how to take the underwear off.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 12:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my girl did the same thing.... what i did for her hahaha i used the puppy pads... if she messed oon them she would wake up and we would change her then i would tell her big girls dont mess the bed... she got it and now wears big girl undess to bed with no preoblem....
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 3:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• another thing you could try is just for night time buy some pull ups thats what we had to do for my son cause other wise he took off his diaper. we buy him the huggies night time pull ups and we never ever have a leaking problem and they dont have tabs for him to pull off. they are a littl ebut more then diapers but jsut about every sunday there is a coupon in the paper for them.
    turtle07

Answer by turtle07 at 12:41 PM on May. 28, 2009