How to Stop A Running sump Pump?

My sump pump keeps running... Its starting to smell like burning Motor Smell! I can't Get it to stop.. If it doesn't work all our Washer, Dish sink, bath tub, Softener Etc.. Water goes on the Floor Again... Is there any site for anwering do it yourselfer's??

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:33 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• The pump should stop on its own when the water level is low enough. The one my dad has that we use when the basement at work floods has a floating bulb like the toilet and it shuts off when it gets to a certain level.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 10:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Coming back with my Update.. I t keeps running & won't Stop unless I hold the long rod!! I can smell its running & burning out! We have SO many problems now I don't know what to do! My head is pounding! I need A Fixing Angel!! What's his name??
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 10:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You could ask Celebrity Handyman Anthony Gilardi from HGTV this question. He gives advice and answers home repair questions for CafeMoms every other week in Home & Garden Buzz. He's really awesome.

Ask Anthony your home repair question here.

Cafe Sheri

Answer by Cafe Sheri at 9:07 PM on Jan. 27, 2009