How is motherhood hard for you?

AngiDas

Asked by AngiDas at 10:49 AM on Mar. 10, 2012 in General Parenting

• It's not. It gets easier as the kids get older. They are able to do more and help out in the house.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 10:50 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• robinkane, I'm telling you something... i sure hope so. ! LOL
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:58 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• My kids are still babies so sometimes I feel isolated. Probably just the winter blues, we can't do much outside.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• My son has moderate autism
    He's pretty much non verbal. He has comprehension issues so we do not know how much of what he takes in is understood.
    He can't tell us how he feels,if he's sick or in pain
    I've never had a conversation with him.
    Imagine never being able to have your child tell you how school was,what he was interested in,that he loved you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:06 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• It's not bad now most of the time- but they are teens

When they were little it was hard because I was with them ALL the time and no friends would come around anymore - I never went out or anything so it was very isolating and lonely
    It's still lonely since I have no friends in this state-but it would be that way with or without the kids so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:10 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• In the beginning was easier (looking over the sleepless nights), but then things got.harder as I started working as a single mom. Then I had to make ultimate sacrifices as a working single mom to have my daughter live more responsibly a little younger in her life. Fortunately, she understood as I taught her about life and consequences (that she is not too young to mess up her life). I am so proud that my daughter listened. Things could have gone very.wrong as they do with other kids.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 11:25 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• the trips to the pricipals office are the worst
    when the 10 yo had to fight against "one true religion" indoctrination in choir class
    and then
    the 13 yo had to fight against gay bashing on FB
    made me miss the toddler days when they only fought against each other *sigh*
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:42 AM on Mar. 10, 2012

• It's not. I love every part of being a mom. The hardest part for me is watching them grow up and leave and make bad choices. There is nothing you can do about it. It is like watching a train wreck and being there for them when they screw up.

Answer by gemgem at 12:22 PM on Mar. 10, 2012

• I think not being able to tag anyone in when I'm over frustrated makes it difficult but definitely worth it!!
    goldfish09

Answer by goldfish09 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 10, 2012

• hugs butterfly
    ------------
    my child too has moderate autism (she is 4 and a half)
    i had to give up the "my child did this, when did your child" thing
    i stopped comapring my child to other children
    i really have zero idea what regualr children her age can do
    except - now she is in kindergarten mainstreamed classroom
    sometimes i am amazed that 4 yr olds talk like they do

when IEP meeting come up - that is when i have to know what other children her age can do, so this is when i research what 4 yr olds are suppose to be able to do, so i can make sure she is getting services that are fitting = this is always a very sad time for me (*note her IEP is next wed, so i will be once again asking what is normal for 4 yr olds) and being sad, needing support

autism is weird, and we do not have a regular daily life - going to grocery store is like a therapy session - not like 98% of moms on here=it s hard to let go of dreams
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:15 AM on Mar. 11, 2012