How can I get my hubby to realize that time outs are not a bad thing for kids? We have 2 sons together and my hubby won't discipline our 2 year old for nothing and it'sdriving me crazy...

We have 2 sons together and my hubby won't discipline our 2 year old for nothing and it's driving me absolutely crazy...

looloo72

Asked by looloo72 at 9:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Explain to your hubby that it is very important to you that you guys agree on how to raise your children. If the kid grows up knowing that Dad will let him get away with more than Mom, he'll use that to his advantage later. Kids pick up on that sort of thing. Tell your husband that you don't want your son doing certain things because its unsafe or whatever the reason. Hopefully he'll understand.
    BonnaVore

Answer by BonnaVore at 12:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Two year olds are smart enough to know that they can do whatever they want if you are letting them. There needs to be some form of discipline, time outs or not. I don't know how to convince your husband, but I think time outs are great, just make sure you are not over using it. I use them when my son needs to clam down, needs to practice sitting down, or I just can't think of another appropriate consequence. I try try make the "punishment" fit the crime. Ex- If his behavior involves a toy, throwing it, not picking it up when asked, etc., then he gets the toy taken away.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Just whoop his a**!!! LOL no seriously just tell him that unless his wants his kid to be off the hook then he better start disciplining also.
    mommyof6

Answer by mommyof6 at 5:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Just talk to ur hubby and tell him that u guys are in this together and that u both need to disciplin ur sons together it like mommy's the bad guy and daddy the good guy it will back fire so fast til ur boys will be walking all over u and i know u dont want that to happen. so best of luck to u and ur family
    alex090205

Answer by alex090205 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 20, 2008