Is there any legit jobs/ business I can do from home?

I am tired of scams, people asking you to pay to work for them, I am looking for something which is legitimate. No selling or parties or schemes please. Please let me know what you do to help your family. Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Money & Work

• Here is what I do:  I run three small businesses from my home.  I have an Errand Service, Advertising Service and Virtual Assistant business.  I build my own websites as well and have built for these as well... It helps with advertising and gets your name out there.  You can do the same, there are great ideas out there.  Note:  I am not advertising anything, but if you'd like to check them out, they can be found at www.stuffformoms.info.    NOTE:  I AM NOT SELLING ANYTHING, JUST GIVING YOU IDEAS! 

pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have tried a whole bunch of places, I reviewed them and the outcome at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

All the places I list are free!

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 11:03 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well, what has worked for us is Ameriplan. I have had a business with them for some time now and I love what I do. I work about 3-5 hours a day and make good money. Although in the beginning it's slow that's how it is with all businesses. But now I make great money and put out minimal effort! I have a 2.5 year old and a 16 month old underfoot so I have to work around them. I am hopeing to have enough income that will allow me to bring my hubby home this year. He's working 50+ hours a week at his job and really wants to retire. Ameriplan will give us the income that will allow him to do that. In fact we'll make more with Ameriplan than we do with his Job.

Sabrina
    www.DailyPayFromHome.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I do medical transcription from home and I also work for DiamondCreek Candles as an indepdent consultant. PM me and I'll give you all the details!!
    Staci
    Jerseymom1228

Answer by Jerseymom1228 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• YES, IF YOU ARE OPEN-MINDED AND COACHABLE, THERE ARE VERY GOOD PAYING ONES! FIRST CHECK OUT WWW.SCAMBUSTERS.ORG SO YOU KNOW WHAT TO AVOID!
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:44 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I am a tastefully simple consultant and love it!!! I can sell to anyone since it is food and the company is awesome! If you want more info PM me
    sammiemommy

Answer by sammiemommy at 3:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If looking for a JOB, what are your marketable skills and previous experiences? If you are looking for a BUSINESS, go with your passions, things that interest and motivate you the most. Build a list and use that to begin your search. General rule of thumb: Never pay for a job (businesses, on the other hand, usually involve some expenses).

Find a rep to contact, check out their websites, ask questions, do your own independent research. Check resources such as www.bbb.org for potential scams.
    nuwave06

Answer by nuwave06 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 22, 2009

• My name is Fran, I work with a bed and bath company as a independent distributor. I host bed and bath parties. I only host parties on Saturday's and make great money. Working with The Bed and Bath Collection.com is an exciting and fun way to make a very good living. Your job as an independent distributor will be to host home parties and encourage your family, friends, and customers to host parties too. You will earn 10% commission on every item you sell, and 5% commission from every party that someone host for you. You don't have to stock any inventory, The company will drop ship orders directly to your customers. As an incentive this company gives away All-Inclusive Round Trip Packages to their independent distributor's. This is truly a great company to work with. For more info go to www.thebedandbathcollection.com and click on Become a Bed and Bath Ensembles Distributor and Earn Extra Money.
    Franniegirl

Answer by Franniegirl at 9:57 PM on Jan. 24, 2009

• Well businesses require an investment jobs should never require money. I have a home based business that is easy to work because everyone wants and needs the products it is not one specific thing I sell. I also do custom cakes on the side and will be watching children as well.
    Mimi2mommy

Answer by Mimi2mommy at 1:53 AM on Jan. 25, 2009