smelly dog

I have a Labrador and she is pretty stinky right now. I cant afford to get her groomed all the time and I cant carry her up my stairs to the tub. They are hardwood stairs and she wont go up alone. I have tried a couple of those deodorizer sprays and they only help a little. Any advice till I can get her groomed?

GMR

Asked by GMR at 10:39 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Use baby wipes and really scub him down with them. Also he may need his anal glad expressed. His ears may need to be cleaned too. The pet store has wipes and dry shampoe for your dog. Also ear cleaner and ask someone how to use it. Simple cotton balls work really good.Also keep his bedding or rugs where he sleeps washed, cleaned or sprayed down with fabreeze. These things should help you out.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 12:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Youre going to have to drag her into a tub or deal with the cold weather and use a hose.

Answer by gemgem at 10:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Can't do the hose. It's 15 degrees here.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have the same problems with my Cocker Spaniel, I gave him a bath myself in the tub, but he likes to hang out in the garage, and he gets stinky right away. So, I usually do go to the groomers. Here they only charge like 13.00 for a bath. I know that there are deoderizing sprays for pets out there.. Have you checked into a dry shampoo type spray.. possibly visit Petco, they might have one. I hear ya though.. sometimes I'd just like to spray him down with Febreez!!!! YUCK
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:09 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I never thought of baby wipes! Great idea! I will try that. I already do her ears and bedding. As far as the anal gland thing, her vet does it at her two check ups a year. Should it be done more?
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my dog needs his glands done about every 3 months also check the teeth sometimes brushing can help the breath and your food may effect the way your dog smells especially cheaper brands
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009