Needs some NIGHT TIME advice...

Our son used to have issues with waking during the night. Our pediatrician recommended that we make his bedtime closer to 8:30 pm to see if that helps. IT DOES- he sleeps all through the night! The problem is that it takes us from 8:00 until 9:00 to get him to fall asleep!!!!!! We have a VERY regular bedtime routine...he just doesn't seem ready to fall asleep until 9:00 pm! (I'd be okay with that, but isn't that terribly late for a toddler?????) He gets about 12 hours of sleep per day (with his nap), and he is a VERY PLEASANT little guy. However, my hubby and I NEVER get a second together in the evenings because it takes so long to get our son sleeping! Help!!!!!

TiffaniR

Asked by TiffaniR at 10:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my fiance and I go through the same thing! Our son goes down at 6pm (he's 7 months old) and he doesn't actually go to sleep until at least 7pm. Seem's early but for us it's late due to how tired we are from busy day's. My suggestion is to try a bath most of the time before bed, to see if you can get him a bit more sleepy. Really there's not a whole lot we can do about it, it sucks but just remember this to shall pass. That's what everyone tell's me!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my son is 2. He goes to bed around 7:30 pm. When we first started putting him in his own bed we would play with him like running and stuff to wear him out(my hubby loved this time after working all day) for like 30 min. or so to wear him out. And then we would give him a bath with the bathtime soap. They also have lotion that we would put on him. We let him cry himself to sleep. It was hard at first but now he goes and gets in bed about the same time and goes right to bed. GL!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 10:52 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• An hour or two before bed, you should stop all activities. Make it relax time. Then bath time before bed, with know playing. Kids who do a lot of playing running around before bed ,will make it more difficult to sleep.

Answer by louise2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Thanks, Ladies. The thing is...we do not have him actively engaged in anything but sitting on our laps reading books for an hour before bedtime!!!!! We usually do bath and then books....
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 10:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• We put our 13mnth. old down at 7 pm. However to achieve this we cut out a nap in the middle of the day! As they get older the naps need to get less frequent as this keeps them from being tired at night. I would say get rid of the latest nap and try that!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:25 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• well my little girl is 2 1/2 and she does to bed between 8 and 9pm... and she gets up at 830am... the down for a nap and 1 to 3 its very nice... with her nap and bed time she gets 12 to 13 hours.... it takes selena about 20 min to get to sleep if shes not the sleepy... nothing bad or anything to stress about... he still gets alot of sleep and thats al that matter.. so no its not to late.... for him to go to bed.... i hope this helps....

Dayna-Marie
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 3:20 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• oh yeah 1 hour before bed time she isnt aloud any toy for ruff housing... its is called her down time.. and she knows what it is and loves it...
    Dayna-Marie

Answer by Dayna-Marie at 3:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009