vitamins

well i just found out that im pregnant and i been to the doctor i ask for vitamins so she gave me some but i been taking them but i wanna stop taking them cuz they make me sick and wanna throw up is there anything else i can take? what about Flinstones vitamins? any other ones there dont tast bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They made me sick as well, I talked with my doctor and she advised me to continue taking them, but to take them at night! Still didn't work for me, so I ate lots and lots of healthy food. Tons of Orange Juice for folic acid, fruits, veggies...and so on. If you can't take them it's okay, but you need to make sure you are maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Talk to your doctor, there are many different types that may work for you!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:16 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Don't get chewables... they will feel like chalk in your mouth, and you are too old for Flintstones! I take One-A-Day Maternity set, you get 2 pills to swallow, a pink vitamin, then a DHA/EPA supplement, good for brain and nerve development. Found at walmart, walgreens, cvs, etc...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:17 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• My Dr. told me i Didnt HAVE to take any if it made me sick just as long as I was eating healthy. I didnt take them after about 3m with either one of my girls and they came out fine. Granted that is not the case for everyone so I advise yo to talk to your Dr. about it but yes you can take flinstone vitamins.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 11:19 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You can take 2 Flintstones vitamins and an extra folic acid vitamin if you want to. I don't like the prenatals the doctors give, they always make me sick...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I took my vitamins at night---still do. When I tried taking them during the day, I burped up the taste and it gagged me. I got a refill and this vitamin smells like vanilla and I haven't burped them up once. After the first trimester, you might be able to handle them better because your hormones will be a little less 'out -of-whack'. I would ask for a different kind of vitamin---maybe your doctor can give you some samples to try to see what works best for you!
    jodes1121

Answer by jodes1121 at 11:24 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would suggest that you take them right before you go tot sleep at night.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Try taking them at a different time of day, or maybe after you eat if you take them before. Or if that doesn't help, try a different brand, that can make a difference.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:50 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'll be honest, I don't take them and my baby is doing perfectly fine and beautifully. Just eat everything you need to.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Yuck, why would you want to take something w/all those artificial colors, flavors, etc? Go to http://www.dherbs.com/ and get something from there. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 2:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Try taking them at night before bed with a light snack like crackers... that worked for me. I know a lot of people take the kids vitamins instead, but they are not equivalent in nutrition to the prenatals. Also once your past your 1st trimester- you will be a lot less sensitive to them. If all that doesn't work ask your obgyn for samples of other brands sometimes switching brands helps a lot! Good luck & congrats
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009