did wipes give your baby daiper rash?

i have a 17 mo old daughter and i have not used wipes on her in about 7 months (for the most part) cuz she kept getting really bad daiper rashes and i would have to take her to the dr to get priscription creams. i tried letting her dry all the way before putting daipers on and changing the brand of wipes but every time i started sing wipes agian she just got daiper rash agian. so now i just stick to wet paper towels.

vampire2007

Asked by vampire2007 at 11:21 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sounds like she has sensitive skin! I have heard of babies not being able to use wipes! As long as she is getting cleaned and no diaper rash continue your method!
    sidzwif

Answer by sidzwif at 11:23 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I use Seventh Generation whipes. They are all natural ingredients and no clorine in them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my daughter used to have that problem too...i started using the inscented cloth like walmart beand and it nver happened again!
    bryleighsmommy

Answer by bryleighsmommy at 11:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• sorry was typing in the dark...lol.....unscented cloth like walmart brand!
    bryleighsmommy

Answer by bryleighsmommy at 11:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Ditto....unscented is your best bet. Those fragrances and chemicals can be a problem.
    M2Mommy

Answer by M2Mommy at 11:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I can only use the Pampers Sensitive Wipes on my son's bum. We made the mistake of buying on-sale wipes a couple of times "just to see" if he has grown out of his sensitive skin, but he hasn't and I honestly think it is going to be a problem for awhile...
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• unscented wipes or switch up the diapers. I switch every other time I buy diapers and it helps too. plus I just tried an aesome new diaper rash cream that I used when my dr.office forgot to call in her prescription. Its lansinoh and it has lanolin in it. Best thing Ihave tried so far and its not messy and absorbs and completely repels water! I used there nipple cream when iw as BF and it was so awesome I knew this had to be good.. and I wasnt dissappointed! Good Luck!
    kelsbecca619

Answer by kelsbecca619 at 12:14 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• You can also make your own wipes. It's not that hard to do and helps a lot with LO's with sensitive skin. I did it with my LO and his rash went away nearly a day later.
    Here's a link with several ways and recipes to make your own.
    Good Luck!!!

http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/homemade-baby-wipes-recipes.html
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:35 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• thanks for the link i think ill try that
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 2:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Only when we used Huggies wipes. He had a horrible allergic reaction to them that went away as soon as I switched him back to Pampers. BTW - my DH is a trucker and says Huggies wipes cut grease/oil REALLY WELL! (yikes!)
    cat0325

Answer by cat0325 at 6:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009