How can I stop my 4 months old to wake up 4-6 times @ night?

Before he used to sleep from 11 30pm then wakes around 4am and 6 30am. Now he is waking up constantly during the night, after 30-45 min he's awake.I was told maybe his stomach is not full, I breastfeed.Coz eachtime he will have milk for few seconds then sleep again.He sleeps well in the day though.

He has another prob, since he was born,he constantly has mucuous in his nose when he wakes up.these days he has it more and even blocked nose. Everyday i put sea water though.
Any advise for me please?
thx

Nafeessa

Asked by Nafeessa at 11:26 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He may be old enough to start on baby cereal (ask your doctor...some tell you earlier, some later) Instead of nursing exclsuively right before bed, mix some cereal up with your breastmilk. Provided he eats it well, it will keep his tummy full for longer and even if he wakes up he may just fall back asleep.

(and just so no one gets confused...Im not telling her to stop breastfeeding, lol.)
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 1:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• So happy you are breastfeeding! That makes this easy. Co-Sleep. Now there are just 3 easy step[s do you get a full nights sleep.
    Step 1: Roll over when baby starts to stir, but before he cries
    Step 2: Insert boob
    Step 3: Go back to sleep
    I never even woke all the way up so I never realizd I wasn't getting a full nights sleep. Try sleeping topless and when he starts to stir even a little like he's gonna wake up (you will realize it, even in a sleep) Just latch him on. Best of luck!
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:32 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have a three month old, and he was having problems waking up all the time. I decided to create a bedtime routine and stick with it. around 6:30pm I give him a warm bath. After his bath, my husband and I talk to him and play with him for about 15mins and then I give him a warm bottle. He falls alseep by 7:30pm and sleeps until 5:40 am! It is great!
    AHernandez3412

Answer by AHernandez3412 at 11:47 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• if you were bottle feeding i would say put a lil cereal in the bottle.I was breastfeeding and my son was getting full so I eventally had to put him on the bottle:(.as for the mucous..have you tried a cool air humidifyer?
    Anonymous