Could this be a solution to Gitmo?

Switzerland is ready to consider taking in detainees from the US prison for terrorism suspects at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba if that helps to shut it down, the Swiss government said.

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/swiss-consider-hosting-guantanamo-inmates-2449547

Friday

Asked by Friday at 11:30 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope they have a really good army of security over there.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 11:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• If they want them, they can have them.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 11:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Heck if they want to do that...let them.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 11:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I guess I do not understand what they would do with them, once released to the Swiss? Reform them? Imprison them? Investigate and try them? The article is vague in the

"Switzerland, which is not a member of the EU, has historically attracted refugees from trouble spots around the world and is home to international humanitarian organisations like the Red Cross and UN refugee agency"

So, now they are classified as refugees?  When others have formed up (once released) and joined forces to fight against the Coalition/US

~I have concerns. lol.. But really, who is surprised, right?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• why would the swiss want to close gitmo? what is in it for them is the question that i have, will they be getting money from our government because of this? you don't get something for nothing..
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 12:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• i still cant believe they are going to shut that down.... what happens to the detanees (sp)? do they get to go free? if so i wanna no why obama would do such a thing....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• know*
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

• It has been confirmed that at least one of the prisoners who was released has already joined Al Qaeda forces. Isn't that comforting? I don't get the reasoning behind closing gitmo, I think it's just an open invitation for another attack on American soil.
    You can argue that the treatment was inhumane, but what would you call 9/11?
    izyandchrismomi

Answer by izyandchrismomi at 10:59 AM on Jan. 24, 2009