Calling your baby the wrong name?

So I'm pretty sure we're naming my daughter Eve, but people keep referring to her as Eva or Ava. That is not the name! I really dislike Eva and Ava (they are sooo popular). The name is Eve. How can I politely tell my friends/family that they're saying the wrong name? I'm already thinking of changing it b/c she's not even born yet and people can't get it right!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when someone does it just say "no, it's EVE... like ADAM and EVE". please remember there is no A on the end.

it's pretty, don't change it because of stupid people!
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:36 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I like what celticreverie said. "like ADAM and EVE" thats an easy way for people to remember it:)
    freespirit227

Answer by freespirit227 at 11:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• People are constantly calling my daughter Isabella when her name is Isabelle. If I know the person and will be seeing them again I will politely say "oh it's Isabelle" if I doubt I will see them again I won't even bother. But it is incredibly annoying when they say "oh what's her name" and I will distinctively say "Isabelle" and then they say "oh Isabella, how beautiful"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh it happens you just correct them. My dd is Sara Elisabeth and for a long time ppl wanted to call her Sara Beth. I said no her name is SARA. And my other dd is Kristen, ppl called her Krissy or Kristy. I had to say NO its KRISTEN. Now my dds son is Daniel and ppl wanna call him DANNY and my dd does the same thing. Just correct them and eventually those around you all the time will figure out your particular.

Answer by gemgem at 11:42 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have trouble with the nickname thing. Matty and Izzy for my boys who are Mattias and Isaac. Or Vicky I absolutely HATE!! for my daughter Victoria, I call her tori.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 11:44 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Thats funny about the one who's daughter is named Isabelle and they call her Isabella because my daughters name is Isabella and I am constantly correcting people because they call her Isabelle. It drives me crazy! Then my name is Annabelle and because my daughters name is Isabella they always say "Oh Annabella and Isabella, cute!" or "Annabelle and Isabelle" I'm like NO, Annabelle, no a! and Isabella with an A! Its annoying.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 11:51 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• my friend gets that all the time with daughter her name is isabelle and people are always saying isabellA she just corrects them but peopkle natural have a tendency to "cute" up names but stick with it
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 11:55 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Just be straight with them. Her name is EVE! You don't continuously call them by the wrong name.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 12:03 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I'd correct most people on the issue, but there some people that it's just a waste of breath to correct. When we had my daughter we named her Finley and my grandma kept calling her Lindsey. After about a year of correcting her, i just gave up and let it go because every time i would see her she'd call her Lindsey. She just couldn't remember. And she's passed away now, but it's something that we look back on and chuckle so sometimes it's better to just bite your tongue and ignore, especially with older folks, but definately correct the younger ones.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I agree, with every one, it may take awhile, but don't change it for anyone!! Just keep reminding them its EVE! NO "A" on the end. My sister's son's name is William, and she can't stand it when people call him Willy, or Will, she just says "No his name is William." It took about a year, but everyone got it and they know that she can't stand the nicknames!!
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009