What are the chances?

If I ovulated yesterday (pretty sure I did) & had sex last night & last thursday, what are the chances it worked? I dont want to get excited about it. Husband works early early & with other kids around it hasn't been easy to find time to do it so I know I have better chance if we do it more often but right now, we are short of time together. So I made SURE we did it last night since I was pretty certain of the ovulation day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you had sex last night, then you have a pretty good chance. I would think having sex last Thursday and the not ovulating till yesterday would be too big of a gap for that time to result in anything, but it is possible. Usually 3 days before ovulatiion and the day of ovulation and the day after ovulation are your best hopes of getting pregnant! If you can fit one more round of sex in today that could increase your chances. Best of luck!!
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• OP here: I kind of figured last thursday was a no-go.Thanks Alli for your answer. I'll see what I can do later today. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• u should have had sex like 1-2 times a day.
    Anonymous

• OP here: If he were home more I surely would be! He gets up at 2:30 am to go to work & doesnt get home till late afternoon...and we have other kids that dont like to let us be alone much...soooo...I do what I can.
    Anonymous

• Actually, having sex 1-2 times a day is not always the best way. That can deplete the sperm count and cause other issues. Having sex once a day or even every other day during your fertile time is plenty!
    Anonymous

• OP here: thanks anon. Sometimes even that is hard...we've been trying for 2 years now so I am getting a bit discouraged. I had a miscarriage in August.
    Anonymous

• OP again (for the last time! lol): We managed to fit in another quickie this afternoon. Guess I shall see what happens..if anything.
    Anonymous