• In the Spotlight:

my 14 month old keeps getting out of bed and waking me up all hours of the night. how can i keep her in bed besides moving her bed back around ???

babygirl273

Asked by babygirl273 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What do you mean by moving her bed back around? If she's in a crib you can buy a crib tent for the top. If she's in a toddler bed then my opinion is that if she's getting out and especially at all hours of the night she's NOT ready to be in a toddler bed and you should just take the time to get her back in the crib.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:21 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• At 14 months, my son couldn't get out of his bed. I am not sure which is the norm, but I never had that problem. I would say though that her climbing out of her crib seems so scary to me!!!! But i have seen the crib tents mentioned above. Is she in her own room or in yours? If I remember right, separation anxiety kinda picks back up around this age, and perhaps she just needs reassured that you are there?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• my DD is 13 mo and she is still in her crib so she cant get out its one of those 4 in 1 sleigh crib things and i have the matress all the way down to the floor like you would to use it as a todler bed i just havent took the side down yet. BUT I WILL WHEN SHE STARTS TRYING TO CLIMB OUT. but so far she hasnt tried it. Sorry i couldnt be of much help.
    GraciesMom52407

Answer by GraciesMom52407 at 11:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Why did you move her to a bed? If he was trying to climb out, a crib tent will solve that problem.

Toddlers get out of bed and explore during the night and they come and wake you up. The world is full of fun, interesting things to see and do - especially in the dark when the you aren't there to say NO.
    You have two choices:
    Keep doing the silent return to bed trick until he gets the point and stays put or at least stays in his room (a baby gate will help with that). This usually takes several days with a preschooler. I have no idea how long it will take with such a young toddler.
    or
    put him back in his crib until he is old enough to learn that bedtime means staying in bed.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

• Oh, and mine is 24 months and still in her crib. We don't plan on moving her for a couple of more months and yes, we have a crib tent to KEEP her in her crib.
    kaycee14