Are capable of solving your own problems or do you need to ask someone first?

I am seeing alot of women on here who ask basic, simple questions. I was just curious if they able to figure it out on their own?
I was always taught to think things through first, before asking. Just curious if that thought passed anyone elses mind.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• absolutely, I love the am I pregnant, what should I name my baby, do I take my child to the dr questions that are asked over and over and over again.  It is a good thing this site is here otherwise hundreds of women would be having nameless children without knowing they were pregnant.  Really why think for yourself when someone else can do it for you.

candiccane

Answer by candiccane at 11:45 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I try to solve my own problems but sometimes getting a little advice doesn't hurt.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I actually was taught the same as you. I never ask for help and sometimes to a fault LOL. I dont like feeling helpless but thats something my dad pounded in my head. Never be the helpless person who cant do the most basic things for themselves. Work, pay bills, study, read, learn, rely on no one but yourself etc.

Answer by gemgem at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I think it is easy to just get on here and ask for the sake of asking. Always interesting to see what other people think ya know?
    I put thought into things before I would ask someone in person...but cafemom is easy to fall back on. Gives you perspective without really bothering people...plus if moms think it is a silly question they can always choose to pass.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:43 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sometimes I ask "simple" questions just to make sure I'm not missing something:) I like getting other people's opinions.

But yes, in the end I always come up with my own solution.

freespirit227

Answer by freespirit227 at 11:46 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I just like to gets others moms outlooks on things and sometimes need advice or second opinions.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:49 AM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I don't ask for advice about my life on here. I have lived long enough and am confident enough to make good choices. I do ask about other things that really don't matter but I am curious what others think.

Anonymous

• Its just fun to share your opinion and get other womens point of view. I think it depends on what category your question is being asked in. Like if i'm in a silly mood i like to go thru this category just to get some laughs. But if i want to ask a more serious and thorough question this is definetly not the right option. I guess that's the whole point of this section to ask anything that first comes to mind without putting so much effort or thought into it just for the sake of being silly.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I can figure most stuff out.
    If I ask questions its usually cuz Id like a second opinion on what Im thinking about or think I know,etc.

BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 12:06 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I prefer to solve the problem myself -- but friendly words of advice from some that have had the same problem or situation are always welcome. That's all part of being a "friend" to me.
    Squirrel1001

Answer by Squirrel1001 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009