cramping

Anyone else experience mild cramping and soreness at 18 weeks or so my dr said its normal but it concerns me being awake most of the night hurting isnt exactly what I envision as a normal pregnancy, but perhaps Im overreacting with my first misscarriage never entered my mind but having one makes u question everthing any stories would be appreciated.

rhonda111787

Asked by rhonda111787 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could be a few things. It could be your uterus streching. You could be slightly dehydrated. If your doctor isn't worried but you are, go with your gut and keep talking to your doctor. Try the water first though. You would be surprised how quickly you can become dehydrated while pregnant.
    mama-in-love

Answer by mama-in-love at 12:00 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Sometimes they say cramping can be because u need more fluids. I drink more water when this happens b/c they say it might mean ur dehydrated and they seem to go away.
    Anonymous

• I cramp in every pregnancy.. my last one and this one, and it gets bad sometimes. Try getting a wamr compress or a heating pad for the nights to help with your cramping.. :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:01 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Could be round ligaments streaching. Mine got so bad with my first that dh had to take me to urgent care 2 times b/c I thought I might be in labor. With number 2 it would get so bad I couldn't move for like an hour at a time. My midwife said that it gets worse with each pregnancy. Not looking forward to it, as this is number 4. As pp said you can get dehydrated very easily in pregnancy. I was for most of my third pregnancy so I would get bh a lot. Just drink fluids, relax and don't move fast. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 12:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• pregnancy is uncomfortable..sometimes ainful thing.your dr is right. i wouldnt worry unless you was bleeding!
    Anonymous