systemic yeast infection

has anyone's pet had this condition? if so, what did you do, how did you treat it, did you change food, etc.? our english mastiff has it- for him, it causes ear problems, bladder infections & clogged oil glands on his skin that rupture. we changed to holistic food & treats-avoiding a lot of ingredients that can irritate the condition, did several months of nzymes, and used special cleaner for his ears. all of these things helped a little, but there really hasn't been much change and it's really expensive. any suggestions? i don't mind spending the money, if it works!

kyriesmommy13

Asked by kyriesmommy13 at 11:58 AM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pets

• Go to the site on cafemom called The Animal Den. There are vet tecs on this site that may be able to help you. It sounds like you already have done a lot to change things. Are these vet recommandations? If not do ck with your vet ! I know someone else that has a English mastiff with constant ear yeast infections. She has to clean them often with a special meds from the vet. But your pup may need more than food change. He may need meds to take to clear his issue up. So good luck, I wish I could have helped you more. Maybe a tec will see your question and make a recommendation.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 1:40 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• How often to you bathe him?Try cutting out the yeast in the food.I am sure you probably already do this.I would recomend to read the labels on the food you buy him.Also feed him yogurt with natural cultures.I would recomend you ask your vet.
    Jeffsmom87

Answer by Jeffsmom87 at 12:37 PM on Jan. 28, 2009