Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I get my son back home from another state.

My son was at a stage where I needed a male to talk to him. I sent him to visit a man who is acting as his father. My son carries his name but is not his child. Instead of helping, he's trying to take my son. I need help before I do something. I'm tired. I've been drastictaly abused, tricked. I'm depleted and desperate. Though I have went through hell with my child, I've fought this battle alone and I will not let my child go. If some one doesn't help me, I don't know what I might do. where can I go to get help to get my child back. I don't have any money, I'm financially tapped out from going through one battle after the next. It's complicated.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Answers (5)
  • I'm not sure I fully understand the situation. How is he trying to take your child? This guy has no LEGAL rights to your child correct? If not then you can just talk to the police and tell them the situation and they'll send out an Amber Alert and they'll go get your child back...especially if you know where he's at right now.

    Answer by MamaPyratekk at 10:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • unless she signed some things give him temp guardianship...then it would make it harder.... I would talk to a lawyer, many will do free consultation....

    Answer by SAHMinIL at 10:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • Check your state laws for more answers. some questions these lawyers called me back just to give me info for free.

    Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 11:08 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • I would say to contact the police in your area and see what they an do. If that doesn't get you the results you are looking for, see if you can find an attorney that will do free consults to see what you legal options are. You may also qualify for pro bono legal counsel.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2008

  • how old is your son?? even tho you allowed this man to help raise your son, you have told him that it is time for him to come home, and simply this man refusing for your son to come back to you, its almost like kidnapping in my book... call the police in your area and even the police in his area and see what needs to be done (it may be different in each jurisdiction, so best to cover your bases and know it on both sides) also you said he carries that man's last name, did he also sign the birth certificate?? if so, that could cause a problem, b/c then it would show he has taken responsibility and has established paternity.. if not then he has no legal right to hold your son from you.. and just to let you know, i applaude you for admitting you needed help with your son, i'm sure that at the time you did what was best for yourself and your son.. dont beat yourself up about that ok?

    Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.