How many DH's are laid off right now??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• So far he has been layed off over two months and searching for jobs. Were so broke! lol. We have to stay here with my parents. bleh...
    Anonymous

• RIGHT HERE.. SINCE OCT 08 AND HE CANT FIND A JOB!! :(
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I hear ya!!
    Anonymous

• Dh works at a prison that is always hiring. All you have to have is a GED or high school diploma. Something to think about. I know for now his job is safe.
    Anonymous

• My DH was laid off last August. He finally found a job...working as night auditor at a hotel. It's 3rd shift, very low pay (a 3rd of what he was making at this time last year) and no benefits. It's so frustrating because he works while his family sleeps and sleeps while his family is awake. I feel like I never see him anymore even though he's just in the other room...asleep. I know there are people who work nights some because the want to and some because they have to but this was so not by choice....lay offs never are.
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Cont......I'm an optimistic person so I'm choosing to see the good in this...My job is stable and we're doing okay money wise after scaling back -which isn't such a bad thing after all. He works 5 miles from home -saving about $500 p/month in gas + maintenance. And the money he does make is keeping a roof over our head!
    I know there are so many people going through tough times right now and I'm grateful for what we do have and I remain hopeful that he'll find a job in his preferred job field soon.
    happy2bme7

• Mine is, since 12-19. He's put in a ton of apps nothing yet.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Job security with the military, praise God.
    Unfortunately, I lost my job and our finances are hurting pretty badly. The military does not pay as much as most people think.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:51 PM on Jan. 21, 2009