is it safe to get a front crown in early pregnancy?

I have a dentist apt this afternoon for a crown on my front tooth.. Is it safe to get during early pregnancy?

emturner

Asked by emturner at 12:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The above poster is incorrect. I work for a root canal specialist and have been in the dental field for over 13 years. As long as you are in your second or third trimester, it is perfectly fine for you to have dental work. The office should double shield if xrays are necessary. A medical clearence from your OB may be necessary but day in and day out, we see pregnant women with medical clearance from their OB.
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 1:42 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Do they know you are pregnant?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 12:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Usually the dentist wont perform anything on you while your pregnant. especially x rays. They have to give you a numbing shot to do any work in your mouth and if anything were to happen to you they can be sued. So I suggest you wait it out. And if they do perform it then you have one crooked dentist lol.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009