did you buy your own fetal heart Doppler while pregnant? What brand did you get?

How much did you pay for it? I want one to have at home that way I can hear baby anytime, not just at the doc. visits.. Thanks

emturner

Asked by emturner at 12:28 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• people are being stupid ive had more us this pregnancy then i can count because im high risk and my baby IS fine people need to learn they cant believe everything they read online
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• There are risks involved with over using doppler. Personally, the risks out weigh the benefits of constantly hearing the heartbeat. If you are that concerned, look into a fetal scope.
    Anonymous

• I rented one from www.sweetbeats.org. That was like 3 years ago, but I paid $18.95 a month for it. I didn't see the point in spending hundreds for dollars for something I could only use a limited amount of time, so renting made more sense to me. I did have to get my doctor to sign a form before I could one though. There are lots of sites that rent/sell them, so just google it. I had had 3 miscarriages and for me it was a huge reassurance anytime I got worried to be able to hear that my baby was still doing ok. I have never heard anything about there being risks involved in doppler use.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I have bought about 2 but they don't work nearly the same as the one at the docter's office. They confuse your heartbeat with the babies and sometimes they interfere together and its sounds like a heard of elephants running across your insides. My advice, save your money and look forward to next ultrasound.
    faithsMoM27

Answer by faithsMoM27 at 12:39 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Anonymous

• I would say to really look into the risks and benefits. I recently had an Unassisted Home birth and I also recently lost my little boy at 18 weeks into my pregnancy so I really wanted one. So I researched it and wouldn't suggest to anyone to use it. I would also encourage you to look into ultrasounds! I love to see and hear my babies as much as anyone but the risks are just too high, my baby always comes first. :0)

Jamie ;0)
    luvbeinmomma

Answer by luvbeinmomma at 1:27 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• There are risks - just like everyone else is telling you. And you have to have a prescription from your doctor.
    I'd suggest taking a tape recorder with you and recording the heartbeat at the office.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:59 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• lol i got one off ebay and used it 3 times a day in the 2nd tri!!!!!! and occassionally through the 3rd tri. i also had 10000 3d ultrasounds, my son came out fine no signs of autism yet!
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:07 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• THIS IS CRAP!!!!! I HAD 2 ULTRASOUDS EVERY WEEK CAUSE MY BABYS INTESTINES WERE ON THE OUTSIDE AND HE WAS FINE I ALSO HAD A DOPPLER I USED AT HOME AS WELL AND HE HAD NO PROBLEM THERE WAS NOTHING WRONGE WITH HIM EXCEPT WHAT HAPPEND DURING THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE BELLY THATS IT IVE KNOWN TONS OF PPL THAT HAVE USED THEM AND NOTHING HAPPEND
    Destinty

Answer by Destinty at 4:26 PM on Jan. 21, 2009