How many times do you tan in a week?

Mumjen2

Asked by Mumjen2 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• when i wasnt pregnant, i would go about 2-3 times a week.... ugh i cant wait to get tan again... im transparent LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh girl.. let me tell you some stories. I am 44, I have tanned since I was 19. Okay, so I have always had the sense to cover my face, which is good.. but boy am I starting to notice some damage to my upper chest area, around the sternum. Lots of spots... some are not healing well, I may have to have them looked at. Watch this stuff... I am speaking from experience. I see so many women out there that look like old sizzled, wrinkly, sausages.... Thank God.. I stopped early enough that I don't look like that. Also, I have no damage to my face. If you smoke it can make it even worse. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:33 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I suggest trying a self tanner lotion. I used to tan starting in march all the way up till october for like 10 years! But I read so many bad things about it I gave it up. Did you know that the more you tan, your body gets used to it and it releases this chemical that makes you want to tan more? I know it sounds weird but I swear I read about it somewhere. That explains why when I was tanning i could not get enough!! I use Jergens self tanner lotion and it is awesome! No streaks or funny orange color. It totatlly looks natural. Save your skin!
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:41 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• 1 day a week
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 2:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Oh PLEASE use Fake Bake.
    I am speaking from experience. I used to tan from age 16 to last year. I noticed changes in my skin that were NOT pretty. I went to the Dermatologist and they cut a spot off my back that was the starting of cancer. They went DEEP! It hurt like hell!
    Salon's are now offering spray on tans that last a week or so. It is worth it to save your skin from looking old and pruney way earlier than it should.
    I now use Olay products to turn back time and erase the damage I did to my skin.
    I highly recommend Fake Baking!
    I now go to the Dermatologist once a year as per her instructions because she is monitoring my skin very closely for cancer.

Play it smart!
    TexasSweetheart

Answer by TexasSweetheart at 4:10 PM on Jan. 21, 2009