contacts wearers...did you get glasses after you had your baby?

I know I did! The first week with my daughter was HELL, I couldn't see her at night without my contacts, so I ended up wearing them around the clock. My eyes were so dry and hurting, ack. I finally wised up and bought some glasses. I love them, although everyone says I'm trying to copy Sarah Palin *rolls eyes*. Great culture reference there, huh? I do plan to wear my contacts again...but I like giving my eyes a rest for now.

Anyway...did any of you guys that wear contacts get glasses after your baby came home?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha, I started wearing my glasses full time when I got married. I have an astigmatism and even with the ones for an astigmatism, I can't see as well. My prescription is -4.75 and +5.50 in my eyes so I have no depth perception and am literally almost blind. I only wear contacts when we go out. Not like I have anyone to impress anymore, lol.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:34 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I also have an astigmatism and have quit wearing contacts. They get too complicated and it's much easier to put on glasses and take them off. The only thing I hate is I lose my glasses all the time.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 12:50 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I had to give up on my contacts long before I had my DD.. I wore them all the time and developed calcium deposits on my eyes.. not a great thing for contacts.. they make your eyes itch and burn like crazy. So a warning to all of you.. don't wear your contacts around the clock!! I can NEVER wear contacts again because the calcium deposits don't go away.
    I've definitely heard of women whose eyes change shape either during pregnancy or after delivery and have to get their contacts refitted..
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I wear contacts and when my dd was first born I wore them around the clock and ended up getting ulcers in my eyes. So not fun! I need to get glasses but just haven't had the extra money yet. I plan on getting some when I get my taxes back. But I did learn to start taking them out every night and eventually my eyes adjusted to the dark! Plus she doesn't wake up as much through the night anymore,so that helps!
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 6:02 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I lived in my glasses for the first month after DD was born. I too had problems with ulcers in my eyes after wearing my lenses too much years ago so I'm super paranoid about having that happen again.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 9:05 PM on Jan. 21, 2009