How do I tell my husband that he's starting to look haggard??

UGH...I feel terrible but my husband of 6 years has started to look old and haggard. Granted he works hard but so do I!! There's bags under his eyes and he's grungy looking. lol. He also smokes weed a few times a week. I believe that THIS is the problem and not just him working. Should I tell him that he looks tired and haggard and it bothers me?? Or just keep telling him to lay off the weed.....everything in moderation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jan. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• smoking weed is most definitely the problem! just straight out tell him you read an article somewhere that weed makes men age at a super speed rate, then look at him closely as if to point out the bags under his eyes and say to him "maybe you should start laying off the weed, hun!" that will hopefully make him a bit self concious.
    Anonymous

• If I want to tell my SO other that he needs to work on few things without hurting his feelings, I'll mention something about myself first like I want to try and lose a couple pounds. Then I'll casually ask if he wants to join me. And if that doesn't work you might just have to come out and say it! When he didn't get the hint I had to tell him, "Think it's time to lay off the beer. You're getting a beer gut!"
    Anonymous

• Well actually smoking weed wouldn't be the problem. Now if it was cigs I would say that might have an effect. I could just be in his genes. How does the rest of his family look. Some ppl age gracefully, others don't. Also has he done alot of drugs (I'm not talking about pot but hard drugs) that could also be a contributor. Weed does not have an ageing effect like most ppl think. In fact the ancient tribes used it for youthfulness, sickness, and its "healing" powers.

MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 1:09 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Nope...no other drugs and overall he looks young for his age. And is in great shape. The haggardness is with his FACE!! lol. He's just tired looking...His family ages well...
    Anonymous

•  Do you tell him, Well I think I would , has appearance ever made a difference to him? If so find some past pictures and recent and let him see for his self what you are seeing. I know you can look at a person who uses alcohol cig, weed I'm sure it to in time could change your appearance there are chemicals in it, add that to working if your not sleeping a good night sleep, iIbelieve it will change a person after time. have a talk with him.

MImifoy

Answer by MImifoy at 1:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• try asking him to join you in an exercise program, cause YOU'RE starting to feel that way. you don't have to hurt his feelings, and you both get healthier. also suggest that since you're exercising, maybe he should quit the weed to get the maximun benifit
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 1:24 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Try buying him some moisturizer for his face. Maybe he'll get the hint.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 1:30 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• I would ask him if he wants to go on a vacation.. sounds like he is stressed and tired... give him some reasons to lift his spirits. Stress can take a lot out of a person, even physically. Work on him with that, and i think you will see a new him.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:36 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Take some casual photos of him and when you develop them and are sharing them with him comment on how he's changed and have some earlier photos handy to compare them to. Perhaps he will see what he's looking like and decide for himself to make some changes. It's better than telling him, I think, unless he ignores your subtle gesture and gets worse.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:48 PM on Jan. 21, 2009

• Well if it is just the face you could just say hey your skin looks a little dry try some of my mosturizer (you know the anti aging stuff we all use.
    MAMMA2DYANDTY

Answer by MAMMA2DYANDTY at 10:45 PM on Jan. 21, 2009