I'm 25 and have a LARGE knot just outside my c-section scar... it bothers me especially around my monthly cycle... I just found out that my mother had fibroids that started about my age that eventually lead to her getting a hysterectomy... Should I be considering a hysterectomy? I don't want any more children but what are the LONG TERM effects on me/ my family if I do have to have a hysterectomy?

what are the LONG TERM effects on me/ my family if I do have to have a hysterectomy?

StephieChelle

Asked by StephieChelle at 10:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2008 in Health

• i think it is a little early to be jumping the hyterectomy thing. I think you should go get the knot checked out by a dr and mention about your moms health history. There are a few different types of hyterectomy...theres a partial where the ovaries are left(no hormones needed and still have somewhat of a cycle....also called a radical hysterctomy). there is the full hysterectomy where everything is taken and you go into a menopause and then take hormones forever which can make you moody, some gain weight on it. With a full one, it can cause you to get wider, more hair growth on face, arms etc.....
    i suggest going to the dr about it before concluding on a hysterectomy
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 4:29 PM on Jul. 20, 2008